It is a safe bet that friends and family are happy to shower you as you wait to welcome your bundle of joy. There is a lot to prepare for and building a solid baby registry is a great way for loved ones to help you get ready.
Where to register
Creating a baby registry is one of the most exciting parts of having a baby, so have fun with it!
Creating your in-store registry can be a great place to start because of the available personal help. Stores like BuyBuyBaby lets you set a time to get started, and the dedicated staff are well versed in all things baby to help answer your questions. You also have the benefit of seeing and touching the items you want to add to your registry.
Online shopping has made creating baby records a breeze. If you choose this route you will notice that many websites have categorized baby items into sections after use. This makes it easy to see all the different aspects of the child's needs.
Want to add items from multiple retailers? Make sure your directory allows you to add third-party websites. Or consider registering with popular options like baby Listings or Amazon which allows you to add products from multiple locations.
How to choose register object
Ask for advice
Talk to your friends to find out what products they thought would be useful in the newborn scene and beyond. Experienced parents will also have helpful suggestions on what they wish they had had and what they could not live without.
Think about the future
You may also want to consider any further life changes as you build your registry:
- Will you be moving soon? Ask for smaller items that can easily be unpacked or even better, request a gift card so there is no need to pack.
- Are you planning to add your family? Think neutral colors for big tickets like a crib or stroller so you can use them in the future. You can easily customize things with accent colors, dampers or decorations.
What to choose
Make sure you add a mix of items to your registry. Here are some categories to consider:
Babies are growing fast so add clothing items in sizes while keeping the seasons in mind. There is nothing worse than signing up for a fluffy gown that only suits children in the middle of summer.
As many parents can attest, sleep for both themselves and their little ones can be a little tricky at first.
Owlet Smart Sock tracks your child's sleep trends and shows how long and how well the child slept. You can also see heart rate and oxygen level readings as they sleep. Give yourself peace of mind and enjoy more sleep when you can.
Check out different tubs and features. Some tubs have a temperature thermometer so you can get the water just right, others offer collapsible features, which works well if you have limited storage space. And don't forget to bring some baby lotion, a towel, mild shampoo and washcloths to your list.
Include various baby equipment such as a stroller, car seat, lifting harness, carrier and diaper bag in your register.
Jogger strollers are good if you plan to explore the outdoors. If you just plan to walk around the neighborhood at random, a better fit could be a stroller / car seat set that conveniently clicks on the car seat directly in the stroller. A carrier or harness is also a good option if you want to keep the baby close and hands free.
You may not cover all your bases with items from your registry, so make sure you are open for gift cards. They will also be handy if you want to save to buy a particular product.
Unconventional gifts or ideas
Lastly, don't forget about self-care when creating your registry. Consider asking for something that is right for you, such as an audiobook subscription service. Treat yourself to something you can enjoy in the late evenings.
Additional registry tips
- Start your baby registry early so it's ready in time for your baby shower.
- Look for free gifts and offers.
- Goal currently offers a free welcome rate and a 15% discount on everything left in your register.
- Amazon currently offers a welcome box and Prime members a 15% discount on the final discount for items left in your register. Others will receive a 10% full discount.
- Check out different options as group gifts to allow friends and family to contribute to a larger ticket item.
- Add Owlet Smart Sock, Cam or Smart Monitor Duo to yours register.