Fashion is not for a particular body type or size. It is for all of us. But sometimes we tend to shy away from trends that think they may not be for us. When you dress according to your body type, you not only accentuate your body but give you the increased confidence as well.
One of the most important things is to identify your body shape. See the diagram below. Once you know what your body type is, you can choose fabrics and cut!
Find out how to dress according to your body type.
Apple Body Type
- Heavier upper body compared to the lower body
- Wide shoulders, larger bustline
- Not a well-defined waist
Celebs with Apple-shaped body – Sonakshi Sinha, Elizabeth Hurley, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Angeline Jolie
The trick is to deviate attention from your heavier upper body and mark your legs. Dresses / tops with deep V-neck give an illusion of elongated torso and will flatter your body type.
Best clothes for apple-shaped body
- A-line or empire cuts that start right under your bust.
- Flowy tunics and button ups also look great.
- Add layer to move focus. Kimonos, shrugs, kotijackor, or stored kurtas are good choices.
- Flared bottoms – palazzos, bell bottoms, boot cut denims will create a balance with your upper body.
Flowy silhouettes, and dresses like cinch at the waist – perfect for apple-shaped body.
Source – second street
Hourglass Body Type
- Most balanced body type with proportional top and bottom
- Curly body with almost even bust and hip size.
- Well defined waist.
Celebs with hourglass-shaped body – Kim Kardashian, Eva Longeria, Priyanka Chopra, Yami Gautam
Once you have these curves, flaunt them. Be sure to mark your waist and add the dimension with a dark collar for the extra oomph.
Best clothes for hourglass-shaped body
- Heavier lower body compared to upper body.
- Narrow shoulders and wider hips and thighs.
- The waistline is wider than your shoulder, giving your lower body a fuller appearance.
Celebs with pear-shaped body – Vidya Balan, Beyonce, Shakira, Jenifer Lopez
If you are right, you can look like an hourglass body shape and whistle your curves. The secret is to balance and choose clothes that improve your lower body and mark your narrow shoulders.
Best clothes for pear shaped body
Learn how to design skirts for all body types in this post.
Rectangle body type
- You are not very curvy, quite well balanced from shoulders to hips
- Weight is distributed evenly throughout the body.
- The waist is not small or well defined.
- Your arms and legs are your assets.
Celebs with rectangular shaped body – Anushka Sharma, Anne Hathway, Jacqueline Fernandez, Cameron Diaz
Because your body does not have many curves, you need to create an illusion. Be sure to focus and maintain the volume either at the bottom or up. Try to balance your athletic upper body by marking your legs.
Best clothes for rectangular body
- A-line skirts, vertical stripes, ruffle dresses and dark colors are for you.
- Pay attention to your arms. Experiment with halves of neck, racerbacks, or some strapless and off shoulder.
- Lager is your best bet. Long jackets, blazers and caps add a lot of drama.
- Balance an oversized top / hoodie with skinny denim or structured pants.
Rectangular, hourglass-shaped, pear-shaped or apple-shaped, the key is to dress according to your body type and look confident and stunning. It's always our idea that Let's Expresso helps you to see all the surprising things.
These were our proven tips for how to dress according to your body type!
Hope these tips will help you dress up according to your body type, to choose a more flattering outfit and accentuate your beauty!
Do not forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and continue with the latest in fashion, lifestyle and self-improvement.
Until then …. get it nicely.
Keep silent, we'll take next post soon.
Critika Manchanda is the author of a fiction novel – "December Breeze" and a Feature Writer at Let's Expresso. In addition to being a lifestyle and travel blogger, she is a good reader and a crazy dog girl!