Pastels are literally everywhere right now, and that's easy sweetest spring trend! As Miranda Priestly might say, “Pastels? For the spring? Pioneering."
Just like flowers for spring, pastels may not be the most revolutionary, but damn they look beautiful, and we're here for it! Although we have been in love with mint for a long time, the pastels will come full force this year, with designers such as Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Sally LaPointe, Olivia Rubin and more top-to-toe clothing models in tone-on-tone pastels while the makeup world gets angry with the delicate nuances. Of all the pastels, lavender and mint will definitely be here to stay in 2020.
So from seeing pastels all over the course and on our fave fashion icons, we give you all our tips on how to wear pastel eyeshadow this season.
How to wear pastel eyeshadows
1. Don't be afraid to mix pastel colors – it always looks cute!
2. To take pastel from day to night …
Accentuate the shape.
Layers shimmer on top of carpets.
Use deeper colors in the crease for extra glam.
3. To get pastels playing, use a light color protection as a base.
This works especially well for deeper skin tones, as pastel colors may tend to look a bit gray. The concealer also helps to grasp pigments in place to prevent bleaching.
4. Use different color gradients to add dimension to your look.
5. Taking the look from cute to sexy, winged lines always does the trick!
6. Copy the watercolor trend with a pastel theme.
Mix several shades together or use a shade monochromatic washed over the lid.
7. When combining pastel colors, try to follow the color wheel for a continuous rainbow look.
… yellow, green, blue, purple, pink.
8. Don't be afraid to match your outfit.
9. Pastels look fantastic in bold, block shapes.
10. A pair of false eyelashes gets your pastel look straight from pretty to harsh.
Our Fave Pastel Eyeshadow Palettes:
Pastel palettes are hot right now, so you have plenty of options to choose from.
For simple color combos: Huda Beauty Pastel Obsessions in Lilac, Mint and Rose, $ 27
For a Pastel Rainbow: Morphe 35I Icy Fantasy Artistry Palette, $ 25
For finished shades: Zoeva Sweet Glamor Palette, $ 23.50
For a monochrome pastel look: Colourpop Lilac You A lot, $ 12
For Shimmery Pastel Looks: Milani Gilded Pastel Eyeshadow Palette, $ 20
Busy with pastels as much as we are? Check out more wonderful pastel eyeshadows:
Do you love this trend as much as we do? Let us know in the comments below.